Penn Hills Cyber Academy
The Penn Hills School District offers a traditional high school, middle school, and elementary setting; it also has an exciting opportunity for students interested in an online setting or blended model of learning. The Penn Hills School District is currently partnering with the Allegheny Intermediate Unit & Waterfront Learning to offer Penn Hills students the opportunity to attend a full-time cyber program. Penn Hills Cyber Academy has opportunities for students in grades 7-12. Enrollment is based on an agreement between the school district and the student’s family. This program offers children an opportunity to complete school work using online curricula at home, while allowing Cyber Academy students the opportunity to participate in activities sponsored by the district-including sports and extracurriculars. Each Penn Hills Cyber Academy student who completes all program requirements will be awarded a Penn Hills High School diploma and will be eligible to participate in the Penn Hills High School commencement exercises with their peers.
Virtual Open House - Wed, May 24 at 6:30pm
Click HERE to join the Microsoft Teams Meeting for the Penn Hills Cyber Academy Virtual Open House.
Why Choose Penn Hills Cyber Academy?
Penn Hills School District is dedicated to meeting the needs of ALL students including those who do not choose a traditional school setting. The Penn Hills Cyber Academy is designed to provide students in grades K-12 with a high quality rigorous education and an excellent educational experience. One of our primary goals is to allow our students to be part of a learning community by interacting with their peers and Penn Hills staff. Some of what we have to offer:
- Highly Qualified Teachers
- Wide variety of courses and elective course options
- A robust and rigorous curriculum
- Ability to attend Forbes Road Career and Technical Center grades 10-12
- Flexibility in program design
- Individualized instruction
- Monitoring of progress by teachers and parent
- Computer provided for use by the Penn Hills School District
- Guidance counseling for support and career and/or college planning
- Technical support
- Ability to work from anywhere and at any time of day
- Ability to participate in school sponsored field trips and extra-curricular activities
- Ability to participate in PHSD athletics and activities
- Instructional center hours available for students to work with teachers
- Eligible to receive a Penn Hills High School diploma and to participate in Penn Hills High School commencement exercises