A Message from Health Services
We are now in the peak season of COLD and FLU as well as COVID. To prevent a widespread of bacteria/viruses, we recommend that your child stay home from school if experiencing cold/flu/Covid symptoms.
To decide whether to send your child to school, please consider the following guidelines:
Definitely keep your child at home for treatment and observation if he or she has any of these symptoms:
- FEVER (100.0 or greater by mouth) Your child may return to school only after his/her temperature has been consistently- below 100.0 degrees, by mouth, for a minimum of 24 hours without medication.
- VOMITING (even once)
- FEELING FATGUE, DISCOMFORT, WEAKNESS OR MUSCLE ACHES
TO HELP PREVENT TRANSMISSION, TEACH YOUR CHILD GOOD HYGIENE HABITS:
- WASH HANDS FREQUENTLY
- DO NOT TOUCH EYES, NOSE OR MOUTH
- COVER MOUTH, NOSE WHEN SNEEZING OR COUGHING, PAPER TISSUE, THROW IT AWAY AND WASH HANDS
- AVOID CLOSE CONTACT WITH PEOPLE WHO ARE SICK.
An individual can be contagious from the first 48 hours of exposure. A child often awakens with vague complaints, it is wise to observe your child at home for an hour or two before deciding whether to bring to school.
Your child should be physically able to participate in all school activities upon return to school. Keeping a sick child at home will minimize the spread of infection and viruses in the classroom.
Thank you in advance for your co-operation in this serious matter to keep our school healthy and happy as possible.
Gail Piole RN, BSN, CSN, Level II Educator