New student registrations are currently being accepted on-line as well as by appointment at each of the district's school buildings. Registrations will be accepted Monday-Friday 9 AM-2 PM.
Registration packets along with supporting documents are also accepted via the district's Skyward Student Information System using the link below.
Kindergarten registration with kindergarten screening is conducted in the month of Febrary at the elementary school. Children must be 5 years of age by September 1st of the year they plan to start school. We are excited to offer a full-day program for our district residents.
Submit the following paperwork:
The Penn Hills Board of School Directors requires the following documents be submitted as proof of residence at the time of enrollment:
- Valid PA Department of Transportation: license or identificiation with current district address
- (2) current (within 30 days) utility bills (gas, electric, cable, water) with PHSD address
In addition, the parent/guardian will also present the following for the child(ren):
- Student's immunization records
- Written statement from prior school district or a medical office that the required immunization records have been administered or that a required series is being administered
- Verbal assurances from a prior school district or medical office that required immunizations have been completed, with records to follow
- Notarized Affidavit of Guardianship, if applicable. (Sworn statement of resident in support of free school privledges for nonresident child)
No child will be registered until residency can be proven. No child will be admitted to school without proof of immunications.
The above list of acceptable documents is subject to change at any time according to mandated requirements of for the Pennsyvlania Department of Education.
The school district reserves the right to request proof of residency of any resident with school age children at any time.
Penn Hills Elementary
1078 Jefferson Road
Pittsburgh, PA 15235
412-793-7000, Ext. 7113
Linton Middle School
250 Aster Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15235
412-793-7000, Ext. 6124
- Child's birth certificate, passport or baptismal certificate
- Parent or Guardian's photo ID with current PHSD address
- Child's immunization records
- (2) current (within 30 days) utility bills with PHSD address showing on the document
Additional Documents, if applicable:
- Affidavit of Residency
- Affidavit of Guardianship
- Foster Care Agency Placement Letter
- Applicable Court Orders
- McKinney Vento (homeless) Form
- Student Background Questionaire if another language is spoken in the home
As we approach the end of the year, we would like to update you on the status of the Pandemic Electronic Benefit Transfer (P-EBT) program, which has been a crucial lifeline for many families during the ongoing pandemic
As we hit the 45-day milestone of the school year on October 25, 2023, it's not just a day on the calendar; it represents the culmination of the first marking period. This is a moment to acknowledge the remarkable journey our students have embarked on, filled with growth, learning, and accomplishments.
We are thrilled to announce that Penn Hills School District is participating in a groundbreaking statewide Cybersecurity Grant Initiative in collaboration with the Pennsylvania Emergency Management Agency (PEMA). This initiative underscores our unwavering commitment to safeguarding our digital infrastructure and ensuring the security of our educational community.
In an era where technology plays an integral role in education, the Penn Hills School District has taken a significant step forward by participating in the prestigious National Cyber Security Review for the first time. This inaugural involvement demonstrates the district's commitment to ensuring the safety and security of its digital infrastructure and student data.
Penn Hills Elementary was recently featured on Pittsburgh Today Live for a continuation of a discussion on the science of reading and reading instruction. Penn Hills Elementary was first featured by Andy Sheehan in a segment produced for the Monday, September 11th 6 and 10 PM newscasts.