Safety & Wellness
The Penn Hills School District is committed to the safety and security of its students and employees. Adjustments are made to the District's security policies and crisis response processes as necessary to enhance current procedures.
Among the security measures currently implemented by the District:
- Throughout the school day, a Penn Hills Police officer is regularly stationed at each of our schools.
- During the school day, all outside doors are secured and guests must enter and depart through a secured entrance.
- Each structure has a secured entryway to improve building security.
- The crisis communication and emergency protocols for the entire district are reviewed and revised annually.
- All district facilities include a captured entryway that directs guests to a central check-in station prior to granting admission. Raptor, a visitor control system that mandates school visitors present state-issued identity upon entry, augments the captured vestibule procedure. Before giving admission to the facility, the system conducts a quick background check on the visitor.
The district maintains a close working relationship with the Penn Hills Police Department and Emergency Response services to ensure timely and effective responses to any emergency situation orginating on campus.